Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Bit of Gorgonzola


I'm just going to say this: I love this color palette, even though it came from such a gross photo (or maybe it's because it came from such a gross photo -- possibly it's the imp of the perverse appealing to my sensibilities here). I decided to use the fabrics that I pulled last week to make a wall hanging that I've had my eye on for several months.
"Color Wave" pattern by Nancy Mahoney, from Fons & Porter Love of Quilting, May/June 2011
Cutting the circles for this took an entire day and probably resulted in permanent hand damage (but don't we all suffer for our art?). 

I got everything fused down -- no hand applique for me! -- last night and started some of the quilting. I'm doing the suggested spirals in each circle, but I haven't yet decided what to do in the pale background.
This one already has a name: "I Do Like a Bit of Gorgonzola!"

1 comment:

  1. Looking great. I love that colour palette as well - despite the mold - and think you've picked a great design to use it with.

    ReplyDelete