Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Political distraction

To survive the interminable debate, I did a boring job that has been hanging around for several weeks: edge-stitching a zillion little appliqued pieces down. This is the top for the miniature version of the Owl Eyes quilt from Modern Patchwork:
"Owl Eyes" pattern by Elizabeth Hartman
I really love this effect, but I'll never make a full-size quilt with this pattern. The unstitched ovals would sit in a pile for a hundred years. I'll get this quilted up in no time, probably with an allover chevron or something that contrasts with the roundness. My favorite part of the process was putting away my bin of embroidery threads; they had been sitting directly under my desk lamp while I sewed, so the glow-in-the-dark collection was fully charged and is still glowing a half-hour later. Fun!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, but I think your efforts paid off! This is lovely!

    ReplyDelete