Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Thing 1...

So many finishes this week. Sometimes I think I subconsciously leave a bunch of stuff lying around in a nearly-done state so I can have the rush of finishing a lot of things in a very short time. I'm going to make a concerted effort to post updates more regularly, even for in-progress items and processes that aren't always that exciting to report.

Here's a little hex bag that I started before we went to Maine last month. I found the pattern in a magazine, but I think it has since shown up in a new book. I hand-pieced the hexie panel then left it hanging out on the wall for over a month; once I added the top border pieces and started quilting it (by machine, of course) it went together in mere hours. If I make this again, I'd firm up the handles a little, but this is a fun little bag to grab for a quick jaunt to the shops.

Finished! I love the concept behind the prints in the Architextures fabric line.
I made sure to piece the hexies so they would be right-side-up on both sides of the bag; I positioned the less interesting prints where they would get swallowed into seams and the lower corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment