Saturday, July 28, 2012

Modern Miniature

I spent the day making the second miniature quilt, Roller Rink, from the Modern Patchwork book that I am so loving. I had some scraps of the four-value gray fabric that I bought several years ago when I took Anna Faustino's weaving class; this went together in a snap (it's only 16"). I quilted it in straight lines with nice long stitches using 12-wt white Sulky, in half-inch increments on the diagonal.

Roller Rink Miniature (16 x 16"), July 2012

Just for fun, I switched to yellow thread for one quilting line.
Although I typically steer clear of black and gold in the same quilt (sorry, Pittsburgh!), this is really a series of greys and I do like grey with yellow. This pattern is a terrific use for the brown and pink pieces of four-value fabrics that I have been hoarding until the right project comes along. I have enough of each to make either a cute little 36 x 48" baby quilt or a pair of table runners using this pattern.

Next up: a lengthy three-part basting session tomorrow afternoon. Time to get those pins back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment