Sunday, August 31, 2014

Gypsy Wife, Part 5

The summer has come screeching to a halt, but not before I finished about five more decent sized quilts. I'll make an attempt to photograph them another time, but for now, I'm back to the fillers in the Gypsy Wife quilt.

Filler Blocks: Hourglass (various sizes)

These are basic and easy, but the notes on the pattern and a little confusing; they say the "finished block measures 3 inches" but then you add various borders, so it would be clearer if it specified that the finished hourglass segment measures 3". Still, no problems with these. For the one in a frame set on point (top left in the photo below), I just used a bunch of triangle pieces that were already cut, instead of cutting new squares as the pattern suggested.
Gypsy Wife "Hourglass" filler blocks (and one Courthouse Steps)

Filler Blocks: Square in a Square (various sizes)

The directions for these were straightforward and well organized. For the largest sizes of these, I sewed a second seamline on the corners before cutting them off, so I also have a stack of 11 tiny pinwheels ready to make up. I think they're a little too small for the next set of fillers, but we'll see if I can make them work anyway.
Gypsy Wife "Square in a Square" filler blocks



Gypsy Wife smaller "Square in a Square" filler blocks
The wall is looking really fantastic right now. I think I'll be able to finish the rest of the blocks this week, then I'll clear out some time for assembly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment