Monday, December 10, 2012

Easy Street Week 3

After my weekend of holiday frenzy, I did manage to finish the pieces for week 3 of Bonnie Hunter's Easy Street mystery. I pulled out a bunch of dark, olivey greens, leaning more toward yellow than blue. I have been surprised at how many fabrics I have that blend these two colors. I tend to think that fabric choices are like Garanimals, though - these fabrics are all marked with a little A for Angelina, so they all go together.
There hasn't been a lot of sun in this part of the world since Friday, so the photos aren't naturally lit, but they get the idea across.

Weeks 1 and 2 with green fabrics
I didn't use the Companion Angle ruler (because I don't have it) so I did these the old-fashioned way. Only thing is, I cut every one of the 128 tiny background triangles the wrong size. These little squares finish at 3", but I am more accustomed to working in 2" units than 1.5" units...sigh. Having to slice a half inch off every triangle slowed me down quite a bit, but at least I didn't have to start over and cut bigger pieces. The fabric waste irritated me, though. :( But they do look nice, and I like the green-purple combination very well indeed.
Third clue is complete!
By my calculations, we have now completed 45% of the units for this quilt. Huzzah!


  1. Your colours are blending beautifully.

  2. It's fun seeing the different color combinations chosen for this mystery. Your units are lovely.

  3. You really think 45% DONE, I hope not I want more:) Happy Quilting

  4. Your patches look fantastic - I love the colours you chose. Not long now till Clue 4!