Sunday, December 2, 2012

Newington Group Quilt blocks

I'm in charge of organizing the group quilt this year for the Newington Schoolhouse Quilters, and our blocks are due tomorrow. I anticipate that we'll have a very good response from our members, since this is such a quick block to assemble, and since people do seem eager to make two full-size quilts, one for a member to win and one to donate to our meeting site for their charitable fundraising. We're using a color variant of Elizabeth Hartman's Roller Rink pattern (I made a nifty pink one earlier this year). I can't wait to see this one go together. I made ten more blocks tonight:

Now I need to spend a few minutes putting together the sign-up sheet so our eager members can get these blocks assembled and off to be quilted. And I just now remembered that I need to make a pincushion (like this one) for our holiday exchange. I like this idea -- kudos to our new co-pres Tammy for arranging such a fun little thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment